Tuesday 2 February 2016

First day of 12 week Half-Marathon Project -link to the program

Hi!

I found a plan for a beginner, like me, and now going to make the first run! I just wanted to post the already now. I can't say how excited I am, since it sounds something achievable, but challenging. Secondly, many of my sisters and friends have already successfully run the 21 kilometers, so I would be happy to join that group! :D I guess, this will greatly support also my summer body wishes! It will also be convenient program, because even though I will be travelling back and forth between Finland and Germany, and having irregular schedules, it does not matter, since one can do running anywhere. :D

I found this free training plan from running.competitor.com The instructions can be found from the website, but for the first week, you need to only know the meaning of strides, which is: "Strides are 20 to 35-second sprints at 85 to 95 percent of top speed. Strides help you work on your running mechanics in short increments and serve as a speed maintenance session."



So, here we go! First run is only 6 km and 4 sprints, so not so bad! Join me now, and run a half marathon in 12 weeks!

Best,
Sara
H

1 comment:

  1. haha wish i could do that too :D good luck for the marathon!

    ReplyDelete